Workshops offered are specifically for theatre students who are studying the Arts in Higher and Further Education and are keen to develop their skills and knowledge in performance. New Art Club will take the students on a physical journey exploring theatre writing, creative processes, how to generate movement and text ideas, as well as an opportunity to find out more about the company.
New Art Club offers Professional Development opportunities for dance and theatre practitioners. These sessions can be tailored to suit the needs of the organisation or the artists involved.
Examples of themes used in Professional Development work include:
- The use of lighting, set and production
- The use of text within dance performance
- Choreographic development
- Art & Games – creating and developing rules
- Creating and changing image – how context affects meaning
- Work with teachers, group leaders and other professionals
Alongside their work with students, New Art Club are prolific in providing professional training and support to teachers and other professional dance and sports leaders in a variety of settings.
INSET sessions can be provided to support all of the practical movement work. Teaching methods are studied using practical and discussion sessions that aim to invigorate the tired teacher and inspire the less confident.