AUDITION CALL OUT
Anatomical, led by Anna Williams and Tom Roden, are seeking experienced dancers with strong physical and spoken text skills to create and perform a new festive show at The Place, London, in December 2022. Weekly fee £550 plus appropriate allowances.
We are looking for dancers with a minimum of three years’ experience, confident with character, spoken word and improvisation, for a playful dance theatre piece aimed at children aged 5+ and their families. Applicants must have professional dance training, a desire to be involved in a new creation for family audiences, be UK-based with the right to work in the UK.
The show has been commissioned by The Place and Theatr Clwyd and using public funding by the National Lottery through by Arts Council England. Please note that due to a funding hiatus the project has been re-configured and previous applicants are welcome to re-apply.
Auditions: 14 and 15 July, The Place, London. Applicants should be available for both days. Performers will be required to demonstrate dance, speaking and creative skills at the audition.
Rehearsals: weeks begin 7, 14 and 28 November and 7 – 9th December. Rehearsals will take place in London and Cambridge.
Performances: 12 – 24 December 2022
To apply please send the below to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday 1st July:
- your CV
- a short statement or video (up to 150 words/1 minute) highlighting anything you’d like us to know about you that isn’t in your CV and why you are interested in the project
- headshot (max file size 1MB)
- Vimeo or YouTube link to your dance/performance show reel (up to 5 minutes)
- a short self-recorded video (on phone or webcam) of you speaking your favourite poem, story or piece of text. Please don’t worry about the broadcast quality, we just want to hear you reading or reciting text
- confirmation of your availability for both the audition days, and the full creation and performance period.
Anatomical is an equal opportunities employer. We have experience of working with performers from a range of cultural, physical and mental health backgrounds and welcome applications from all.
If you would like to discuss access needs before applying, please contact email@example.com no later than Friday 24th June.